Copyright © 2010-2012 chalkdustchronicles.blogspot.com - All rights reserved

Please do not re-use content/photographs without permission

Wimbledon 2009 Day 4: Ivanovic v Errani

After Sveta we had to scoot off for lunch, and one of the bonuses of watching with my mum is... never ending food!!!
So - Fish and chips and then Haagen Daas ice-cream - yum!

We decided to head up to the Ticket resale queue.... I went off to find my friend who was there today with her mother, and she's gotten an AWESOME spot by the giant ponds at the back - with a bunch of mad Aussies cheering on Lleyton against Del Pony... I sat there for a bit and then trundled back to see where mum was in the queue (a leeeeeeetle worried, 'cos Ellen had walked up and down the queue twice and hadn't seen her!)

She had gotten a good spot... nowhere near as far back as I'd been the Tuesday before. So we swapped around for a bit... and for some reason I'd forgotten that Puppy was playing today. When I checked the screens, she was down and mum (being all small 'n' all basically bustled herself to the front of the railings to watch... so I felt duty bound to try and reclaim some insurance on the camera... I mean take a couple of shots, before rejoining the queue...







And so in dribs and drabs - tickets were coming available for Court 1 where Duck-Boy was doing his thing... We had also wanted to go see Elena Baltacha but after losing the first set, she was getting postively beasted in the second...

At last... the steward came round with a pair of tickets for Court 2... but the woman in front only wanted a single... so I had to let her take one of them, and someone a little further up came and took the other one.

I was a little gutted, but it was the RIGHT thing to do, and also - I was half hoping that Centre court tix would start coming in once Caro-verated took to the court... as much of a JJ fan as I am (yes, really!)... I would so have ditched her for Muzz if the oportunity had arisen!

But... a few seconds later... the guy came back to find us, called me extremely noble for giving up a pair of tickets ( :angel: ) and gave us the next pair of tickets that came up.

Rozzie "Noble" Blogger... that's me all over, y'all :lol:

No comments:

Post a Comment