Copyright © 2010-2012 chalkdustchronicles.blogspot.com - All rights reserved

Please do not re-use content/photographs without permission

Wimbledon 2009 Day 4: Santoro v Ferrero

So... much as I LOVE watching Santoro... I was kinda praying that this would be a quickie...so I was a little downhearted to see that it was at least going to be a 4 setter... but... minutes into watching it was easy to get caught up in the Magician's marvel.

It's obvious that these two guys are not the young men they once where - yes even Ferrero seemed to be struggling a little... but the tennis was really good - nice and evenly matched I'd say - but you knew that if Ferrero got a break, then that would be the set - and an awkward twist and stumble seemed to trouble Fabrice a bit - he seemed to have tweaked his back...

And the new Court 2... is pretty neat - a nice compact court (although me and the woman I was sat next to were driven BATTY by some jazz trumpeter out on the tea lawn doing his thing... not to mention a truly irritating little brat behind me - I felt for his mother... she did try and shut the little monster up, but was largely unsuccessful!) Still he supplied us with a lot of amusement - I guess he'd irritated the other people around so they laughed LOTS when he was challenging me to name who'd be in the Men's Semis... and was all "it will be Andy v Del Potro"...
Rozzie: Now... would this be the Del Potro that just fell in straight sets to Lleyton Hewitt
Brat: No - you're wrong
Rozzie: No, no... I think you'll find I'm very right!

Other gems included:
The doubles (to be played - Baltacha and someone, plus Jamie/Liezel) will be on Court 13
Rozzie: Ummm... there IS no Court 13
Brat: There IS
...
[some minutes later after Brat consults mum's programme]
Brat: Why isn't there a Court 13... that's stupid
Rozzie (under her breath)... Well SOMETHING'S sure stoopid... and it AIN'T the court numbering scheme!

Anyway... more gems from the gormless Liam (that was his name, but Brat seems so much more apt) later....

No comments:

Post a Comment