Copyright © 2010-2012 chalkdustchronicles.blogspot.com - All rights reserved

Please do not re-use content/photographs without permission

ATP World Tour Finals 2011 Day 3: Mirnyi/Nestor v Fyrstenberg/Matkowski

My last tennis of the 2011 season came courtesy of Barclays Premier and an opportunity to get complimentary tickets. I thought I’d missed my chance having been away when the nicer VIP offer came in, while I was away working, so I was chuffed when they re-offered more tickets!



So, armed with a mate from Journo school – off we toddled for the evening session and my first Fedal match!

We got there as the doubles was just underway and joined at the end of the 5th game, with the always great MoLay umpiring!
Pretty tight playing from both sides and Matkowski was showing none of the tetchiness of his opening match, when heckling was getting to him.





It took a single break to give Mirnyi and Nestor the first set.



That momentum stayed with them taking an early break at the start of the second set and from that point, Mirnyi and Nestor never really looked threatened, taking the second 6-3.



They finished with about 20 minutes to spare before the singles was due to start and the crowd was filling up.

No comments:

Post a Comment