Copyright © 2010-2012 chalkdustchronicles.blogspot.com - All rights reserved

Please do not re-use content/photographs without permission

Stella Artois/Queens 2008 - Qualies - Mirnyi

So - I decided on a hot sunny day to stroll down to Queens for the Qualies.. mainly to catch the rare site of Jamie Murray in singles:

First up I headed over to Court 10 where Max was already under way against Danai Udomchoke
It's all a bit mazey over there and ballgirls/security guards were not exactly helpful in pointing out where the courts were...

I got up to the stands and had to look over to Court 10 where Max was struggling a bit and he slipped up a couple of times, one time landing square on his backside :(





After that I decided to head to the aisle between the smaller courts to see if I could get some better photos. I seemed to be sandwiched between 2 old dears who'd taken a real like to Danai and some guy who wanted to know if there was anyone famous playing today - so I pointed out Max and mentioned Jamie and the rest of the Brits on show today








Max was unlucky to lose the first set - but got broken really early in the second.
He seemed to be struggling to find his range and also getting a lot of faults on serve ...
By this time the buzz was going round the place that Jamie Murray would be up next on Court 1 so I decided to head over there just in case it proved hard to get a seat - so unfortunately I didn't get a chance to talk to Max or get any more photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment