Copyright © 2010-2012 chalkdustchronicles.blogspot.com - All rights reserved

Please do not re-use content/photographs without permission

US Open 2009 Day 10: Gettin' There!

So – part of the Washington trip was to have a jaunt up to NY for the USO. One of my best friends from IBM in the US gets staff discounts for the tix, so her husband went for two tickets for us on Day 10.
I had to get up super early – like as if I was at work! That and jet lag – oi vey
The train journey is about 3 and a bit hours and redsonja did warn me not to get into a crowded carriage – and I could see why – I have never seen so many people on phone calls!
Got to Penn Station and pinged Les – and had to head off to the local Maccy D’s – something a bit disconcerting listening to classical music being piped through … but hey ho!
Fed and watered – we made our way on the subway to Flushing Meadows… if I thought our tube system was sometimes troublesome – Lord have mercy! Thank god for Les having studied it for ages while waiting for me!

OK so USO vs Wimbledon!



HUGE!
And more security conscious – I had to check my back pack in and make do with a plastic bag! Pffft.

Anyway – we stopped to get summat to eat – first of a couple of disasterous food choices – poor Les – I kept having to resort to nicking his food!

Firstly – the Arthur Ashe stadium is a MONSTER!
Escalators to get up there – I mean it is truly awesome – to behold – the first time I sat on Centre I was blown away – this was something else ENTIRELY! We did say we were going to gallop up to the gods but we never got round to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment