Copyright © 2010-2012 chalkdustchronicles.blogspot.com - All rights reserved

Please do not re-use content/photographs without permission

Wimbledon 2008 Day 4: Murray v Malisse

So… Having received a text from mum saying “oooh you’ll like our seats” I thought it was high time I trundled over…
Meanwhile mum had hightailed it off to go queue for resale tickets…
So… I introduced myself to my new neighbours and settled down to watch Andy in action… and boy was he good. Great shot selection, Malisse was all over the show – muttering to us that he was “serving crap today”…







The end of the match was hilarious – I think Malisse wasn’t ready for the final serve, Andy was just kicking a tennis ball around because I think he thought Malisse had challenged. Then Graf was all “he wasn’t ready – replay the point” and Andy was… “ummm….how about… NO”
Then (as this was quite an impasse) they kicked off hawkeye – we all did the whole wooooahhhhhhHHHHH! thing (as ya do!) and it was all done and dusted.
Andy is being quite a grown up on court these days… I feel so proud!

Seriously – he’s playing well … and whilst I loved the Santoro match – this was much more entertaining – maybe because we were closer to the action… I dunno.

Oh yeah … and in the middle of this match, my ma came back.. with 1 ticket for Row B in the balustrade on Court 2 just for me… she’d seen JJ play and really wasn’t bothered about seeing her again… but she knew I was aching to see her. I love this woman. She Rocks! I am soooo glad I threw myself back into watching just to rekindle her interest in anything after dad died… and now we have a cool “us” thing to do again!

No comments:

Post a Comment