Copyright © 2010-2012 chalkdustchronicles.blogspot.com - All rights reserved

Please do not re-use content/photographs without permission

Wimbledon 2009 Day 6: Murray/Huber v Zimonjic/Zi

So - getting on for 8:30 and light failing... I sent a text to my mate who works for the AELTC to find out if I would have to leg it to the Ticket Resale to get into Court 2 - he tried to get hold of them but figured they'd closed... so told me to blag it...

So off I trundled (feeling pretty awful by now, it has to be said) to court 2... where thankfully we were told it was all free seating... so off i scuttled to the front, but by now it was getting so dark - we were getting VERY grumpy appeals from the ump not to use flash photography!





Jamie/Liezel had taken the first set TB pretty convincingly... and Judy had actually left Andy's match a while back to be here (awwww, sweet)...

Spots of rain were starting to appear and I was beginning to feel worse, so I dug out my top and then my coat... only to get a text from some friends watching saying that they were convinced they'd just seen me on TV. Fame for my brown mac and green hooded cardi!

2nd set was played in pretty good spirits actually... Nenad smashed down a ball that ended up whistling up past Jamie's ear and prompted him to ask "do you think we're on stilts back here?" and when Liezel ACED (!) Nenad she commented that she'd only gotten one past him, he'd gotten hundreds past her... lots of banter between them but the Zees were in good form in the 2nd and took that set!













Third set (again) and all to play for - so Jamie getting broken straight away was NOT a good start!



The Zees were running away with it... but then an ace against Zi I think turned the course of the set - Nenad had wanted to challenge but it was too dark by now, and the original call stands in that circumstance... he was not a happy puppy but it had given Jamie/Liezel the break back and the confidence to go on...



It was getting so dark by now... and at once stage Cilla texted me saying that they'd need a rain break to save them! But they all went on...

Jamie and Liezel closed it out well... and again - this just gives you an idea of how dark it had become when they finished, getting on for 9:30pm again:



And soooo... I trundled back to the bus stop by now feeling like death warmed up!

so 4 days of tennis... and not sure whether I'll be lucky enough to get another chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment