Copyright © 2010-2012 chalkdustchronicles.blogspot.com - All rights reserved

Please do not re-use content/photographs without permission

Roland Garros 2010 Day 6: Demented v Wozniak

Well not surprisingly people tipped out of Lenglen (myself included). See where we were was sheltered a lot by the stand... which would have been GREAT if it had been a hot day – but it wasn’t that warm. Had we been maybe 3 or 4 rows further forward it would have been quite pleasant.

AWoz- has a lot of Puppy-like mannerisms (except maybe the fistpump, thank Christ!)...



But what struck me in this match (and we were to see sadly in the semi) was that Demented was already by this stage severely hampered.
Her movement was such that she’d often slide and stop judderingly short – man that would HURT. At one stage she shot a look of pain to Mommy Vera and actually looked close to tears.







And the games – lord in heaven – deuce/ad/deuce/ad.
Mum had gone to get ice-cream and was stood for ages waiting for them to finish to come back in!!! I was surprised all of mine was still there!

In the end – sadly we gave up as it was getting too cold and mum wanted to go back- so that was the end of our RG...



I would definitely try and go back – maybe pre-order ground passes for the first couple of days and try out their version of the resale queue... and then hope for getting tickets via the internet ahead of time.
As for the weather – well ... it happens. I realised how lucky I was to have not one but TWO Slams on my door step. And not only that – but to have had a chance to go to the USO last year too... only one more and I’ll have my blogging slam!!!

Be back for as many rounds at Wimbledon as I can manage!

No comments:

Post a Comment