Copyright © 2010-2012 chalkdustchronicles.blogspot.com - All rights reserved

Please do not re-use content/photographs without permission

Wimbledon 2009 Day 9: Murray v Ferrero

The stadium emptied out immediately after Fed's match so there were LOADS of empty seats when the guys took to the court - but it was blisteringly hot out there again, and people who'd been sat out in the stands must have been totally toasted. Of course for me, Dave and Fiona up in the gods and in the shade - we were fine, except I had no food except some now very stuck together wine-gums. I'd texted them during the Fed match that I was starving, and they kindly let me have a couple of mini-scotch eggs (Hee! appropriate!) and some sarnies... bliss!

There was a bit of nervous tension in the air - I'd watched Ferrero against Santoro... and whilst he's not as agile as Wawrinka, and not as young as he once was - he's still pretty versatile on the court.







I had some tall guy in front with the fluffliest buzz cut I've seen since Novak!!! So I had to take my photo ops when I could... because he'd often block my view completely...

Andy made a great confident start - if people thought he'd be weary after the marathon against Stan, it certainly wasn't evident in the first set.



That's not to say that the first set was a push over though... JC was playing very well and it really was a good match up between them, good rallies, great angles, great points... and more importantly after the boredom of the Karlovic/Fed game, it was a real match





Second set... started out a bit of a worry! Andy broken straight away and I have to admit I thought that this would be his lapse and we'd look at a 4-setter... but he really got his focus back quite quickly...







If the 2nd set was a good demonstration of focus, the third set was even more so.
To me it seemed that after that initial burst forth from Ferrero with an early break was effectively crushed, he kinda lost any momentum after that...
Andy closed out the 3rd 6-2... and I was left to grovel to mum for her NOT to come up and visit on Friday just in case I could get tickets :devil:



Our dilemma was... Jamie's match had started during Andy's match, on a court with totally unreserved seating.
Rozzie needed food
Fiona wanted to watch Hewitt and Roddick on the hill (well... they were on the court, we'd be on the hill.. oh you know what I mean!)

No comments:

Post a Comment