Copyright © 2010-2012 chalkdustchronicles.blogspot.com - All rights reserved

Please do not re-use content/photographs without permission

Wimbledon 2010 Day 1 - Preview: Oh my days... where to start?

Let's start at the very beginning ...
We got in... bonus lulz... mum being like 10 miles aware of where we were - like a defective SatNav ....
Grumpy Brits getting uppity because no-one was around to drive the parky-ridey bus
Galloped to Court 12 - Baltacha v Martic - some know-all declared Martic as "some goat-herder"... uh huh....
Then Centre at a gentle amble... 'cos Fed was only gonna be on for a little while, right... Holy. Freakin'. LORD is all I'll say about that for now...
Then JJ/LRob - and what stands out for me here is a comparison between Laura and Elena... girl is FIERCE...
Then a distinct lack of Scones and clotted cream/jam meant I had to force Strawberries and Cream down my gullet.
It's a HARD life blogging y'all...

Then... Ol McNoleo and his bat**** insane farm.... We left with Rochus up a break in the 3rd because inexplicably my eye started streaming and my snout-a-dribbling - a cold? In the middle of summer? Huh?!
But in the spirit of Lady Jaja - Serbian Warrior Princess of Glitter - I will be dragging myself off my deathbed (although I suspect this is more an allergy of some sort given the itchy eyes) as... we have MUZZ tomorrow. Why he is on Court 1 I do not know... am.com was going mental when I checked it as we left - but Andy's webby has a major revamp and the forum bit has gone awol for the minute so I'm not sure what's going on...

Hopefully I'll be up early tomoz to sort out the pics... but all in all a pretty glorious first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment